Thursday, March 31, 2011

Britney Spears 'Brushes Off' Negative Rumors

'You just brush them all off ... The tours and everything make it worth what I do," the Femme Fatale star tells a NYC radio station.
By Jocelyn Vena


Britney Spears
Photo: C. Flanigan/ WireImage

It's been quite the week for Britney Spears. In between talk-show appearances, performances and the release of her new album, Femme Fatale, the pop star found some time on Wednesday (March 30) to call in to New York radio station Z-100 to chat about her currently very busy life.

"It's been a while [since I've been this busy]. Yeah, things are kind of a little crazy right now," she said, excitedly, before sharing that she's looking forward to her summer tour, which also was supposed to feature Enrique Iglesias before he abruptly pulled out of the gig.

"It's been two years [since I did a major tour,]" she explained. "It's pretty crazy [on the road]. It's a completely different lifestyle. You get used to it and you just grow to love it ... I have been missing it."

When asked about how she maintains her diet while on tour, Britney responded, "There's a lot of candy and stuff like that, but you have a state of mind of eating really healthy. All the dancers are really strict with what we eat because we're dancing really hard. We eat really, really healthy actually."

Spears has been a celebrity for most of her life and with all the accolades and critical praise for her latest release, also comes various rumors and speculation about her personal life. But, she says she's kind of over all that.

"Well, actually, I've had that all my life," she explained. "I've kind of gotten to a point where I know what's real and I know what's not. I have such an amazing family that supports me in everything that I do ... We brush it off. I have a good support system around me.

"When you're young and you're starting out a lot of it can be a little annoying, because when you're starting out they say hurtful things," she added. "You get to a point where [it's] enough already and you just brush them all off and everyone kind of laughs at them. [Dealing with the paparazzi is] part of what I do now. It's so exciting, the tours and stuff like that, [so] I don't even look at that anymore. The tours and everything make it worth what I do."

To see more about what Spears has to say about fame and her life as a pop star, don't miss the "Britney Spears: I Am the Femme Fatale" special, which airs Sunday, April 3, at 9 p.m. ET on MTV.

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660932/britney-spears-z100.jhtml

Jolene Blalock Jordana Brewster Josie Maran

0 comments:

Post a Comment