Monday, May 2, 2011

Lady Gaga Talks Fame, Performs 'Judas' On 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'

'I live halfway between reality and fantasy and that is who I am and that is what inspires me,' singer tells DeGeneres.
By James Dinh


Lady Gaga
Photo: Ian Gavan/ Getty Images

With less than a month until Born This Way hits stores, Lady Gaga is kicking her promotional circuit into high gear with a string of appearances. The latest gig on her calendar was a visit to the "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," which aired Thursday (April 28).

Wearing an oddly shaped hat, matching accessories and a midriff-revealing skirt, Gaga was met with roaring audience applause as she walked onto the set and sat with the host/comedian. After putting a new spin on her grueling work schedule by telling DeGeneres that she's "quite excited to be tired," the entertainer opened up about her forthcoming HBO concert special, "Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour," in which cameras caught an emotional Gaga calling herself a loser.

"Well, in that moment, I was very excited and nervous," the singer said of the candid footage, which surfaced online. "That's a huge benchmark moment in my life. I'm 25 years old. I was asked to play Madison Square Garden, sold out five nights. Quite frankly, it's very overwhelming. Do I feel like a loser sometimes? Yes, of course I do. We all feel like losers sometimes."

Still, despite her overwhelming success, Gaga later explained that she finds common ground with her legion of little monsters, saying, "I feel misunderstood and I think we all feel misunderstood sometimes. I really celebrate my identity and urge you to feel impassioned by what is magical inside of you. I live halfway between reality and fantasy, and that is who I am and that is what inspires me."

Later in the show, Mother Monster took to the "Ellen" stage once again for a debut performance of her new single, "Judas." With a string of male dancers by her side, Gaga delivered a dance-filled number of the club-ready track in a blue latex ensemble. With choreography seemingly more difficult than in her usual performances, the singer showcased her best high-energy moves. As the music came to a close, she struck a pose before planting a kiss on the cheek of DeGeneres, who playfully replicated her stance.

If that wasn't enough, Lady Gaga, who received an on-air birthday phone call by DeGeneres just a few weeks ago, surprised the host with a cake to commemorate their three-year friendship. "So we've known each other three years and these are some photos of us together," Gaga said as she pointed to the elaborate cake with sparkler candles.

What did you think of Gaga's 'Ellen' appearance and performance? Tell us in the comments below.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662876/lady-gaga-on-ellen.jhtml

Karen Carreno Karolína Kurková Kasey Chambers

0 comments:

Post a Comment