Monday, May 2, 2011

Shania Twain Talks About The Breakup Of Her Marriage In New Memoir

Shania Twain Talks About The Breakup Of Her Marriage In New Memoir


Country superstar Shania Twain has kept a relatively low profile for quite some time now, but the singer is about to change that with her new memoir From This Moment On.

In the book Shania speaks openly about her ex-husbands affair with her best friend, her stepfather’s abuse towards her mother and much more. Parade.com has published some excerpts from the book, including these;
On the devastating discovery, in March 2008, that her husband of 14 years was having an affair with her friend and confidante, Marie-Anne…
Twain describes it as “the most shocking and painful truth of my life since the death of my parents twenty years earlier….For the first week after finding out about the affair, I was ready to die–to go to bed forever and never wake up. Or to hurt someone. I was ready to do something desperate, but in reality, there was nothing to do but to suffer through it. Fortunately, when you’re a mom, the responsibility of caring for your child can keep you going.
Twain also describes the intense domestic violence and spousal abuse she witnessed as a child. In the book, she recalls one particular fight between her stepfather and mother… “My mother was a featherweight and so easy to push around. Jerry had her on the bathroom floor by the toilet, and, grabbing her hair, he slammed her head against the side of the basin, knocking her out cold. I could see Jerry repeatedly plunge my mother’s head into the toilet bowl, then pull it out again. I remember wondering, ‘Why is he trying to drown her when she’s already dead?’ I wanted to scream, ‘Stop, you already killed her!’ I wanted to stop him, but I was too afraid…The enormity of that helplessness transferred to me, and I felt as limp as she was.”
You can read more from Shania’s memoir at Parade.com.

See many more pictures of Shania Twain next page!


juno arrivals 280311 

juno arrivals 280311 

juno press room 280311 

juno press room 280311 

juno press room 280311

juno press room 2 280311

juno press room 2 280311


 imnotobsessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment