Sunday, May 1, 2011

'Toy Story 3' Producer 'Surprised' by Best Picture Nod

The gang over at Pixar is celebrating its 'Toy Story 3' Academy Award nominations today, most notably for Best Picture. "Lee Unkrich [director] and I called each other, and John Lasseter [executive producer] at 5:45," producer Darla K. Anderson tells PopEater. "We were all whooping it up and texting each other. It's really fun."

Anderson says that watching the nominations being read was a nerve-wracking experience for herself and fellow 'Toy Story 3' colleagues.

"When they read off the nominations, we were at the bottom of the second half of the list, and I thought, 'Oh, my God. Come on.' My heart was pounding. The potential was killing me. I personally was surprised."

"It's something you don't take for granted, what a gigantic honor it is, such a huge honor, to be nominated for an Academy Award."

She notes that, "I'm here at Pixar, which is exactly what I want. I want to be with the 400-plus people who made this film possible. We'll definitely be celebrating. It may be as simple as gathering somewhere and hugging each other," she said this morning.

As the film's lone producer, Anderson would have chief honors of accepting the Oscar if they win Best Picture.

The team knew they were going out on a limb with their animated tale in some respects, but she says, "When this film was finished and in the can, I have to be honest, I felt really an enormous amount of peace."

She says that as a producer, she didn't have to leave any stones unturned in the making of the film, and they made sure that it was exactly how they wanted it to turn out.

"We did take a lot of risks on this film -- we had some moments of loss and poignancy," she said. "We risked Andy giving the toys away, and a lot of intensity, along with a lot of laughter. And I wasn't sure how people would respond to the film -- but I knew we told the story we wanted to tell, and took the story to all those places we wanted to take it."

'Toy Story 3' received five major nominations, including best picture, animated feature, sound editing, original song and adapted screenplay.


Popeater


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment